Announcing Son of Shadow Hero of Light

12 February 2015 Unknown 0 Comments



Back in like November, I said I would have some exciting news about my creative writing. I said it would be soon, but I don't think 4 months counts as 'soon'. Either way, I have some exciting news today about my creative writing.

Today my first novel, Son of Shadow Hero of Light, is available on Amazon (Kindle and print)! It's a story about a 12 year old boy who lives in a world where everyone has superpowers, but his is the worst of the Nine Powers. Because of that, he's always being picked on and bullied and he doesn't really know his place in life. And this is his spiritual journey with superpowers to find himself.

You can watch the video trailer at the bottom of the post, and you can read a cheat sheet about how to teleport successfully here.

Thanks to Liberty Movie Productions for your time and talents to make that video.

The story may not be for everyone; it was written for a group of Christian youth that I used to serve, but I suspect that children from 10-14 will enjoy it, and it will especially be helpful for parents of those children.

I've used the principles of engineering and artistry to create this tale, and it's taken me over a year. I was able to use my love of typography to make the inside of the book look beautiful (and hopefully the cover as well). Making this book has helped inform me of many of the things we've talked about in this blog. It's given me hands-on experience with the artistic side of the creative process.

I don't advertise on this blog, or ask for donations, but if you feel like you want to support what we're exploring here, this is the only way I'll let you do that. If you'd like to receive updates in your inbox, consider subscribing to my email list. I hardly ever send out emails because I hate spam.

If you do decide to pick up a copy, I hope you'll let me know what you think (please be candid) either by leaving a comment below, leaving a review on Amazon, or sending me a message on twitter, facebook, or wherever else you hang out.

Enjoy the video:


0 comments :

Hey there, thanks for leaving a comment. You're a good person