The Spirituality of Creativity

25 June 2015 Unknown 0 Comments



Today I'm going to mix in my moral compass a little bit with my ideas of creativity. I'm Christian and I believe that God created our world.

I want to talk about that. That act of creating the whole universe.

Imagine the sheer size of creating the universe. There are billions of galaxies. Each galaxy is billions of stars. Each star is many times larger than Earth. Earth is many times larger than me. Therefore, the universe is much much much larger than me.

Imagine the complexity of creating the universe. I'm pretty big compared to the ants I stepped on as a kid. Those ants are pretty big compared to the cells that make them up. Those cells are pretty big compared to the proteins that make them. Those proteins are pretty big compared to the atoms which make them. It just keeps going, all the way down to subatomic particles.

Long story short: the universe is huge and very complex. It's made up of tiny ity-bity pieces that make gigantic, massive things.

Artist AND Engineer


What's my point with this?

God had to understand at a very high level how big things like galaxies work, and at the same time he had to understand the most minute detail of how subatomic particles work. Creating the universe took a little bit of genius and a little bit of creativity. Okay, maybe "a little bit" is an understatement. God sounds to me like a brilliant architect, and if you look at nature's beauty, He also seems to be a very creative being, very artistic.

Creation


Though he has the ability to create the universe and we don't, we have something in common: we all have the ability to create. Creation seems to be in our nature.

We love creating. We strive all whole lives to create beautiful and meaningful things. Not everyone likes creating the same thing, but we all strive to create. Music, words, clay, business plans, buildings, families, software, chairs.

Creation is the ultimate act of creativity. Creation, and therefore creativity, is in our nature. It's who we are. The scale of creation doesn't matter, we are like God in that we create.

0 comments :

Hey there, thanks for leaving a comment. You're a good person