Your job is draining your creativity

02 June 2015 Unknown 4 Comments

image by northernheckler.wordpress.com


So last week was a bad week at work. I had some long, stressful days most of the week because we were putting out a big fire.

We got it done in time and our team looked awesome, but I didn't get any writing done at home pretty much the whole week. I couldn't write here on the blog the whole week either. What's worse is that this week I still don't feel like being creative, nor can I come up with any ideas for blog posts. (And that's why you're getting this crappy article instead of something with more meat)

Creativity is a finite resource


But what last week and this week helped me realize is that you don't have an infinite amount of creativity. Just like they're discovering with will power, creativity is finite.

Long, stressful hours at work deplete your resources and it takes a while to recharge. Hopefully by next week I'll be back in action.

What kinds of things deplete your creativity and what do you do to recharge? (No seriously, plz help me recharge)

4 comments :

  1. Time and space to play without having to produce are helpful for me. Good luck recovering your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks, Jake! I guess it's time to go play minecraft some more. Good idea :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Jake. Pressure to perform sucks the creativity out of me. I find the most effective activities for restoring my creativity tank are the stuff I enjoyed doing as a kid; in my case that includes LEGOS, trail running, and reading a good fantasy story (LOTR always does the trick for me). Good luck! p.s. great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, Michael. I like that: doing the stuff you enjoyed doing as a kid. Thanks for the kudos about the blog :)

      Delete

Hey there, thanks for leaving a comment. You're a good person