Daily accountability

09 June 2015 Unknown 0 Comments

This week my family started doing daily standup meetings. It's a meeting we do everyday at work that lasts for 15 minutes where we all stand up and go around the circle saying what we did the day before and what we'll do today.

We're just trying it as an experiment in the family. We're going to try to find a time every day where I can take 15 minutes from work and do a video chat with them. I think it'll be great to connect with my wife and kids before I get home every day.

I've mentioned that we are homeschooling and I think adding a little accountability to learning and creativity is healthy. We'll see how it actually goes, but I'm thinking it will be positive for us.

I would also advocate doing something similar with my writing group. I think one of the main purposes of a writing group is the accountability to each other. If we were able to have a more formal and more consistent cadence of telling each other what we're up to and what we plan to do, it would help.

Hopefully hearing about my experiments doesn't bore you. I don't know if any of them are useful or will help anyone but me, but I believe strongly in experimenting and I hope this gives you a view into how you can do it in your own life. It's powerful. Do it!

How do you experiment to make your life better?

0 comments :

Hey there, thanks for leaving a comment. You're a good person