Just say no!

21 May 2015 Unknown 0 Comments

image by asalesguy.com

Saying 'no' is so liberating!

I just had a off-site meeting yesterday where we had to prioritize and plan projects. There's been a lot of pressure on my team to do more than we are able to do. We're a small team and it's not possible to do everything that different departments were hoping we would do.

In the last few weeks and especially yesterday I got to tell people that we are not going to be doing some of those things. It felt so good. Since we've started telling people no, there's been so much less pressure, and so much more clarity and happiness.

And the first thought that came to mind after that long meeting yesterday was, "saying no feels so good." And then I realized how good it is for you, and how good for your creativity.

I was reminded of a quote by Steve Jobs:
I'm as proud of what we don't do as I am of what we do
And I found another great quote as well
And it comes from saying no to 1,000 things to make sure we don't get on the wrong track or try to do too much. We're always thinking about new markets we could enter, but it's only by saying no that you can concentrate on the things that are really important.

Say no until you've found the right thing to do, and then say no to everything else that comes along after you've started the right thing. Just keep moving forward.

When have you had to say no?

0 comments :

Hey there, thanks for leaving a comment. You're a good person