Here's to the crazy ones

16 December 2014 Unknown 0 Comments


Steve Jobs is one of my heroes and he is one of the most innovative geniuses of our day. He is the poster child and to some extent the inspiration for our exploration of long-term creativity.

We all know that he led Apple to some of its greatest successes and changed the world in several different categories of products. Of course it wasn't him alone. Jony Ive played a huge role in changing the world along side Steve Jobs, but I'll talk about him another day (he's another of my heroes). And there were hundreds of people who helped them as well.

Many people don't realize, though, the role he played in Pixar. I'm not going to say he came up with the idea of Toy Story or anything like that, but he certainly was a mentor for Ed Catmull, John Lasseter and the Pixar team.

Both Apple and Pixar are great companies with world-changing innovations in their fields. Pixar has had an unrivaled string of #1 movies starting with the first ever feature-length computer-animated film. Neither Apple's innovation or Pixar's creativity are directly and solely because of Steve Jobs, but I feel like there is a connection there.

I plan to explore this connection more in the future, but for now let me share two quotes from Steve.

“I think part of what made the Macintosh great was that the people working on it were musicians and poets and artists and zoologists and historians who also happened to be the best computer scientists in the world.”

Steve Jobs seemed to believe that artists who are engineers also can make great things. And he proved it not once but time after time.

Lastly I want to end with another great Steve Jobs quote. His famous here's to the crazy ones quote. Tell me how much you love this quote in the comments. Enjoy!


0 comments :

Hey there, thanks for leaving a comment. You're a good person